Skin tone is directly connected with socioeconomic level, marriageability, economic prospects, and attractiveness. As a result, many women go to chemical treatments to lighten their skin.
Depending on the type of skin that is being treated, different treatments or procedures might be used to treat skin discoloration. Mostly used skin whitening techniques include topical treatment/ skin bleaching, oral supplements, microdermabrasion, chemical peeling, Glutathione treatment, laser therapy, and cryosurgery.
Topical treatment/ skin bleaching
Skin lightening products operate by lessening a pigment called melanin in the skin. These products are called bleaching creams, whiteners, skin brighteners, or fading creams. Most users of lighteners do so to address skin issues, including age spots, acne scars, or hormonally-related discoloration. Some of the valuable skin whitening ingredients are the following:
- Glutathione: it is a thiol-tripeptide with a low molecular weight essential for preserving the redox equilibrium inside cells. The discovery of its antimelanogenic qualities has resulted in its marketing as a skin-lightening agent and excellent antioxidant properties. Although intravenous glutathione injections are frequently used, there is little proof of their effectiveness. The Food and Drug Administration of the Philippines issued a public warning criticizing the use of intravenous glutathione for off-label indications such as skin whitening due to the adverse effects it causes. There are currently three randomized controlled trials that back up topical and oral glutathione’s skin-lightening impact and strong safety record. Apart from this, glutathione injection is still widely used because of its whitening impact.
|Do you Know about this Skin whitening korea therapy?
In Korea, the term “Snow White Injection” also goes by the names “Baekok Injection,” “IU Injection,” and “Beyonce Injection.” Glutathione is the main active component, and this operation only takes around 20 minutes to complete. This procedure will set you back about $60 USD.
- Kojic acid: Your naturally dark skin’s color cannot be altered by kojic acid; instead, it can only lighten abnormal pigmentation brought on by freckles, age spots, sun spots, acne scars, or melasma.
|The DocMag Tip
In the media and online, skin-lightening products are heavily advertised. They may contain many harmful active substances, particularly after extended treatment, like mercury, Hydroquinone, and steroids. Always check the composition of your product.
- Licorice extract: Licorice extract has a variety of active components, some of which have skin-lightening properties. While some of them conventionally lighten skin by preventing tyrosinase activity, others do so through different ways. Because of this, licorice extract is a desirable and highly effective ingredient in skincare products for lightening and brightening.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C’s brightening benefits also include the ability to reduce hyperpigmentation and lighten dark spots. Vitamin C lightens dark spots, sun spots, acne scars, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation brought on by melasma by inhibiting the pathway of aberrant formation of skin pigments (melanin).
- Alpha arbutin: Because Alpha Arbutin is a derivative of Hydroquinone, which is a potent skin-brightening and spot-fading agent, it is the favored option when it comes to skin brightening.
- Niacinamide: After four weeks of treatment, niacinamide dramatically reduced hyperpigmentation and improved skin lightening in clinical tests compared to vehicle alone. According to evidence, niacinamide is an efficient skin-lightening agent that prevents the transfer of melanosomes from melanocytes to keratinocytes.
- Glycolic acid: Glycolic acid is a safe component to brighten and level out your skin because it fades dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
|Natural Skin whitening alternatives
Willow bark extract, Licorice extract, Mulberry extract, Lactic acid, Papaya extract, oatmeal, turmeric, fullers earth, sandalwood, rice flour, orange juice, honey, lemon, and yogurt
Skin whitening vitamins/ supplements
Vitamins can be utilized to brighten dark patches and your skin. Vitamin C, vitamin B12, and vitamin E are three of the most essential vitamins for fading dark spots. Vitamin C increases collagen production while preventing melanin from forming in your skin.
|How Skin whitening: Essential Beauty Tips for you
1. Get enough sleep
2. consume enough fluids,
3. moisturize your skin
4. Steam facial
5. Apply sunscreen even inside
6. Apply honey and olive oil to your face.
7. Spray rosewater
8. Scrub your skin
9. Use an orange peel mask
10. All-natural face wash
Chemical peels speed up cell turnover by removing the top layer of dead skin. Designer Peels are frequently used as a skin-whitening therapy for pigmentation. These contain skin-whitening chemicals such as kojic acid, arbutin, licorice, and Vitamin C, together with milder acids like glycolic acid and lactic acid. The effective skin whitening gel is applied after peeling the skin for maximum absorption. The top layers of skin peel off the following few days, revealing lighter, brighter skin underneath.
Dermatologists utilize concentrated, brief laser light beams in a procedure called a laser peel to remove dark, undesirable and damaged skin tissues.
Itchy skin and swelling are possible side effects of therapy. However, these symptoms typically go away after a few days. After severe treatments, there may be a week of somewhat acute redness. High heat is used in laser therapy to burn away dead skin cells and promote the creation of new ones, making your skin photosensitive. Following this treatment, some safety measures are performed, including limiting your exposure to sunlight and donning sunscreen to safeguard your skin.
Skin whitening home remedies
Some of the beneficial home remedies are the following:
- Yogurt and flour paste: Yogurt ingestion and external application can aid in achieving soft and glowing skin.
- Turmeric: By preventing the synthesis of melanin, turmeric evens out the color of the skin. Due to its antioxidant and antibacterial qualities, it also contributes to keeping healthy skin.
- Potato juice: You can brighten your skin without inflicting any harm with potato juice. Due to their high vitamin C content and antioxidant content, potatoes work as a light bleaching agent while also removing dead skin cells from the skin.
- Papaya and honey: If you enjoy Papaya, you’ll undoubtedly enjoy treating your skin to this at-home skin whitening treatment. Papaya includes enzymes like papain and alpha hydroxy acids that help you remove pollutants, dead skin cells, and acne scars and blemishes so that your skin looks radiant.