Are you ready to embrace a trendy and captivating hairstyle that exudes confidence and style? Look no further than the side part tribal braid. This unique and eye-catching hairstyle combines the allure of tribal braids with a stylish side part, creating a stunning look that turns heads wherever you go. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the intricacies of side part tribal braids, uncover styling tips and techniques, and reveal the secrets to achieving a flawless and long-lasting style. Let’s dive in!
The world of hairstyles is ever-evolving, and the side part tribal braid has emerged as a captivating and trendy choice for those seeking a unique and stylish look. By combining the artistry of tribal braids with the modern touch of a side part, this hairstyle allows you to express your individuality while staying on top of the latest fashion trends. In the following sections, we will delve deeper into the elements that make side part tribal braids so appealing and guide you through the process of achieving this stunning hairstyle.
What are Tribal Braids?
Tribal braids, also known as Fulani braids or lemonade braids, trace their origins back to the Fulani people of West Africa. These braids are characterized by intricate and delicate patterns, often adorned with beads or shells. Tribal braids have gained popularity due to their cultural significance, visual appeal, and versatility. They offer a captivating blend of tradition and contemporary style, making them a perfect choice for those seeking a distinctive and culturally rich hairstyle.
The Appeal of Side Part Tribal Braids
Side part tribal braids combine the elegance of tribal braids with the modern touch of a side part. This unique combination creates a hairstyle that is both eye-catching and versatile. The side part adds an element of asymmetry and sophistication, while the tribal braids bring a sense of cultural heritage and individuality. Whether you’re attending a formal event or embracing a casual look, side part tribal braids effortlessly elevate your style and make a bold statement.
How to Achieve the Perfect Side Part
Creating a flawless side part is crucial to achieving impeccable side part tribal braids. Follow these steps for a clean and precise part:
- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Use a tail comb to create a straight part from your hairline to the crown of your head.
- For a more defined part, use the end of the comb to gently separate the hair.
- Apply a small amount of styling gel or edge control to tame any flyaways and maintain a sleek look.
- Once the part is created, section off the hair you’ll be braiding and secure the rest with a clip or hair tie.
- By taking the time to create a well-defined side part, you lay the foundation for an immaculate side part tribal braid hairstyle.
Prepping Your Hair for Side Part Tribal Braids
- Properly prepping your hair ensures that your side part tribal braids not only look fabulous but also last longer. Follow these essential steps to prepare your hair:
- Start by washing your hair with a gentle clarifying shampoo to remove any product buildup or impurities.
- Deep condition your hair to restore moisture and promote hair health.
- Detangle your hair using a wide-tooth comb or a detangling brush.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner or hair oil to nourish and protect your strands.
- Allow your hair to air dry or use a diffuser on low heat to minimize heat damage.
- These prepping steps create an optimal foundation for the styling process and help keep your hair healthy and resilient.
Step-by-Step Guide: Creating layered tribal braids side part
Follow these step-by-step instructions to create stunning layered tribal braids with a side part:
- Start with your prepped hair.
- Divide your hair into two sections: one for the side part and one for the rest of the hair.
- Secure the section you’re not working on with a clip or hair tie.
- Take a small subsection of hair from the side part section and divide it into three equal parts.
- Begin braiding by crossing the right strand over the middle strand, then the left strand over the new middle strand.
- Continue braiding, incorporating additional hair from the same side as you move downwards.
- Once you reach the desired length, secure the braid with a small elastic band.
- Repeat the process, moving to the other side of the part.
- Once both sides are braided, release the remaining hair and divide it into smaller sections.
- Braid each section, incorporating the side part braids as you go, to create layered tribal braids.
- Secure each braid with an elastic band and adorn with beads or other decorative elements if desired.
- Finish by applying a light-hold hairspray to keep your braids in place.
- With these detailed steps, you’ll be able to achieve mesmerizing layered tribal braids with a flawless side part.
Styling Tips and Variations
- To make your side part tribal braids truly stand out, consider the following styling tips and variations:
- Beaded Accents: Add colorful beads or shells to your braids for a playful and eye-catching touch.
- Half-Up, Half-Down Style: Create a half-up, half-down hairstyle by gathering the top half of your braids into a bun or ponytail, leaving the rest to cascade down your back.
- Braided Updo: Transform your side part tribal braids into an elegant updo by twisting or braiding them into a bun or chignon.
- Accessories: Enhance your style with hair accessories such as headbands, scarves, or decorative hair pins.
- Colorful Extensions: Experiment with colorful hair extensions to add dimension and vibrancy to your side part tribal braids.
Explore these variations and adapt them to suit your personal style, occasion, or mood. Let your creativity shine!
Layered Tribal Braids Side Part
Maintaining Your Side Part Tribal Braids
- To keep your side part tribal braids looking fresh and beautiful for an extended period, follow these maintenance tips:
- Nighttime Routine: Wrap your braids in a silk or satin scarf before bed to minimize frizz and protect the braids.
- Scalp Care: Apply a lightweight hair oil or scalp conditioner to moisturize your scalp and alleviate any dryness or itchiness.
- Washing and Conditioning: Cleanse your scalp and braids with a dry shampoo or a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo, followed by a moisturizing conditioner.
- Avoid Excessive Manipulation: Refrain from constantly touching or pulling on your braids to prevent unnecessary tension and breakage.
- Regular Touch-Ups: As your hair grows, schedule touch-up appointments with a professional stylist to maintain the integrity of your style.
By following these maintenance practices, you can ensure that your side part tribal braids remain visually striking and well-maintained.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I get side part tribal braids if I have short hair?
Absolutely! Side part tribal braids can be achieved with hair of various lengths. If your hair is shorter, you may need to use extensions to create the desired length and achieve the layered look.
How long does it take to create side part tribal braids?
The time required to create side part tribal braids depends on various factors, such as the length and thickness of your hair, as well as your braiding technique. On average, it can take anywhere from 2 to 6 hours to complete the braiding process.
Are side part tribal braids suitable for all hair textures?
Yes, side part tribal braids can be adapted to suit different hair textures, including straight, wavy, and curly. However, it’s essential to consult with a professional stylist to determine the best approach for your specific hair type.
Can I wash my hair with side part tribal braids?
Yes, you can wash your hair with side part tribal braids. However, it’s recommended to use a dry shampoo or a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo and focus on cleansing your scalp while avoiding excessive manipulation of the braids themselves.
How do I prevent frizz in my side part tribal braids?
To prevent frizz, make sure to apply a small amount of styling gel or edge control along the hairline and roots. Additionally, avoid excessive exposure to moisture, such as swimming or heavy sweating, as it can contribute to frizz.
In conclusion, side part tribal braids offer a captivating blend of cultural heritage and modern style. By combining the elegance of tribal braids with the asymmetry of a side part, this hairstyle allows you to make a bold fashion statement while embracing your individuality. By following the step-by-step guide, exploring various styling tips and variations, and adopting proper maintenance practices, you can achieve impeccable side part tribal braids that will turn heads and leave a lasting impression. Embrace this stunning hairstyle and unleash your inner goddess!