You must pay attention to the e-girl makeup look these days. It’s all over the internet, from TikTok to Instagram. An “e-girl” is an electronic girl or anything related to electronics in English. You’ve almost certainly come across this look if you’re a regular social media user. This look, tagged with #egirl, has been pinned nearly 2 million times in only one month since its introduction. Discover how to incorporate this style into your wardrobe by learning more about it, seeing photos, and being inspired by them.
It is easy to recreate this makeup look at home by adapting Japanese culture to the aesthetics of 2023. Each look has certain standard features, such as eyeliner and blush across the middle of your face. The aesthetics and styles of makeup can vary from one subculture to another. It has been trending for quite some time now to wear e-girl style makeup, and we have compiled a guide for you.
Trending E-Girl Makeup looks
Cute and aesthetic e-girl makeup
The E-girls, at this point, have punk, grunge, goth, and a few elements of Japanese anime culture in common with them. The look portrayed here is also considered the antithesis of the soft girls’ aesthetic, which is regarded as cute.
Dark E-Girl Makeup
Dark shades are used for dark egirl looks, similar to grunge and Gothic aesthetics.
Grunge eGirl Makeup
There is a sense of nostalgia that comes with grunge makeup, as it is reminiscent of looks of the 1990s. The smokey eye, matte lipstick, smudged eyeliner, and glossy nails finish this look. In grunge makeup, colors are kept simple and contrasted with a deep, dark look that creates a subtly captivating contrast between the colors. No rule says you must go full goth with black everything if you want to wear grunge makeup. However, you should use darker colors to emphasize your features so that they are highlighted. There are several ways to pair grunge makeup with other styles to create an alternative look sure to turn heads.
Check another Grunge eGirl makeup look:
Purple eGirl Makeup
It’s the perfect look for those who like purple. The lightest shade should be applied along the base of the lid, concentrating on the inner corner. The color is dispersed more effectively with a big fluffy brush. To the other side of the eye, use a darker hue. But this time, make sure that you apply this color to the outer V and the lower lash line. The tear duct can be opened using a white or pink highlighter. It is vital to ensure that the black eyeliner you choose unifies the tones. Wispy lashes will make it look lifted if you want to go further. If you would like to add some tiny heart sprinkles to the crease of your eye, you can use pink eyeliner or lipliner.
Goth Egirl Makeup
This gothic e-girl look takes inspiration from trad-goth and other subcultures. This trend focuses on sharp lines and angles instead of plenty of shine or glass-like skin. You can create your preferred eyeshadow style using neutral colors like pink and brown; exaggerate the cat eye by writing with liquid eyeliner closer to your brow wing than average. A star on your cheek can also be sketched using that same pen. As post-punk bands such as Adam and the Ants often draw inspiration from the 18th century, this is a reference to that era. Add bronzer to contour, but do not blush. Create a sun-kissed look with fake freckles and black lipstick, and finish with a light eyebrow pencil.
Soft eGirl Makeup
Pink and purple are used in this makeup to create a delicate, hyper-feminine look. To lift the eyes, blend a lighter shade along the browbone with an eyeshadow brush. With black eyeliner, draw bold cat eyes that move upward as you flick. In order to create the illusion of larger eyes, apply white eyeliner to the bottom corner of the eye. Make your face base a natural one – BB cream or sheer foundation are viable options. Make sure your cheeks and nose are sunkissed with blush, freckles, and highlighter.
E-Girl makeup trends on Tiktok
Maybelline E-girl Makeup tutorial
- Prime your skin with eGirl primer to ensure your makeup lasts all day, and follow with a liquid foundation. To avoid looking cakey or feeling heavy on your skin, keep the base makeup light in eGirl makeup. You can conceal blemishes and scars on your face with concealer. Set your face with a setting powder to add more coverage and mattify your skin.
- You can achieve a soft eGirl makeup look with coral, peach, or pink eyeshadow. Give your eye makeup a blurred and diffused look by applying a light wash of color. Alternatively, try bright blue, green, or red eyeshadow hues if you’re bold.
- Use a single or two shades of eye shadow to fill the lids. Don’t go for intense smokey eyes or dramatic cut creases.
- Winged eyeliner is next! Apply eGirl eyeliner across each lid in a bold, thick wing. Creating sharp wings with black liquid eyeliner will complete the look. Make your eyes pop with mascara and eyebrow fill-ins. Recreate an eGirl makeup look with wispy lashes and natural eyebrows.
- Finally, it’s blush time. You’ll want to apply your blush generously to your cheeks and the bridge of your nose. eGirl makeup is known for its over-the-top rosy cheeks and red noses. Blend the bold blush color seamlessly into your skin with a large blending brush. The Maybelline Virtual Try-On tool lets you try on different blush shades and find the one that flatters your skin tone.
- A powder highlighter will enhance your nose bridge and tip, while cream or liquid highlighters will add a soft glow to your cheeks. Use brown eyeshadow or brown eyeliner to create faux freckles. The eGirl makeup looks enhanced with tiny black hearts under each eye. For clumsy fingers, use a sketch pen eyeliner.You can achieve a soft eGirl makeup look with peach or white lipstick or add a touch of the goth aesthetic by using blood-red lipstick. Keep your face and eye makeup in focus by applying tinted lip balm.
Check Updated E-Girl Makeup Tutorial